- Start from Angel island. To reach there you have to take Ferry ride which can be taken from Point Tiburon, make sure to reserve the spot in ferry a night before or in advance.
- Ideal time to go there is around 10:30 am and can do cycling in the island, rentals are on island or you can bring your own. There is also bus tour( takes about 1 hour) which I find personally nice and informative.
- Come back at 1:30 pm and eat somewhere near by, if you want to spend some more time go to Sausalito.
- To enjoy sunset best spot is Battery Spencer. Reach there 2 hours before sunset, usually crowded so difficult to find a parking spot.
- On way back you can go to Ghirardelli square and enjoy some nice coffee or hot chocolate.
- Lombard street is nearby, can go there in Car and drive through crooked street.
- Go to Big Sur, it is about 2 hours drive and you can drive on Pacific 1 highway which is famous for driving by the coast.
- Take some stops in between where you get a chance near beach access.
- Leave Big Sur 3-4 hours before sunset, on way back go to Carmel-By-The-Seawhere you can go on 17 mile drive(Entry fee is about 10 dollars/car).
- Sunset is nice and peaceful, on beach in 17 mile drive.
- Eat Dinner there, lot of food choices.
- We had extra day in SF, so woke up late and then went for Lunch nearby our stay
- During noon you can go to Fisherman’s wharf spent some time there, go on walk.
- For sunset, we went to Baker’s beach.
- On this day we left SF towards Oregon, on the way we took stop at Napa Valley around lunch time. Perfect weather and lot of wineries to enjoy.
- For dinner we took some random stop happened to be Punjabi Dhaba at truckstop. Delicious food over there.
- Spent half day at our nice Airbnb and went to Crater Lake National Park
- Again on this day we spent morning in Airbnb while it was snowing outside and then we left for Lake Tahoe. It's 6 hour drive from there and pretty much it's farm road and no cafe/food for first 4 hours.
- Woke up early to see sunrise at Emerald Bay. Drive is good and there is short trail to go near the shore.
- During noon there are few places to go around, and for sunset we went to Sand Harbor Beach
- There are many activities in Lake Tahoe if you go there in winter like we did you can do some skiing or go to casinos.
- We left Lake Tahoe after breakfast and took some stops on the way. Again you can visit Napa Valley which is quick detour.